Friday, May 5, 2017

BACK TO THE GRINDSTONE..... or Gentle, Crank your engines!

OK, bad weather and all.... back to the task of "doing the Loop"! I've had a good 2 weeks off, went to the Rendezvous in New Bern and won the grand prize then came home to E TN for a week. Heading back to the boat in Norfolk tomorrow to hopefully continue my journey on Sunday, weather permitting. Here in JC it's going to be low 50's tonight with snow flurries at higher elevations!

Had 3 improvements made while I was gone. Got a call from Angel saying the fly bridge full cover was completed, the seat cover for the Sundeck seats was completed, and a new blackout screen was made for the windshield area so nobody can see in. That's not been the biggest problem, which is seeing OUT the pilot house window. The last couple of days bad weather we encountered coming into Norfolk could have been avoided if I had windshield wipers! Well I thought I could just stop in a marina on my way up and pickup a pair. WRONG, everything has to be ordered and I'd have to wait until they come in. Ain't gonna happen.

Trying to arrange for a crew member to join me on my departure. Celia is hoping to make it back from seeing Niagaria Falls. Let's hope she can otherwise I'll continue singlehanded. I'm pretty sure Bill is going to join me in NYC through Joe Wheeler State Park in AL in Oct. Had other offers to be a "companion" but I've had enough plaintiffs (3) to know that's not what I need..... really!

I'll continue to fly from topside and enjoy the fresh weather. I did send a questionnaire off last week to see if I can find some somewhere. Until then, wet & cold is the order of the day! Stay posted as we'll be proceeding UP the Chesapeake asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment