Sunday, May 14, 2017

AFTER THE OIL CHANGE…..


I wanted to get up to the Soloman Islands as soon I could so after Tom finished changing the oil, checking the engines, I decided to cast off for a short 3+ hours ride down the Potomac around the Point then up the Chesapeake. The 1.5 hour ride across the Potomac was testy but easily done but once I rounded the Point, King Neptune had a surprise in store for me!

I was hit with Wind, Current, Waves, Tides, Convenulence of different bodies of water, Crap Traps, etc. All these things together made for an impossible condition. After fighting them for 30 minutes…. I gave up and decided it was better to “live to fight another day”.

There wasn’t really any alternative port available to get outa my perdictment but finally I got PHANTOM turned and headed back to the marina I had left from. You may ask “why if it was so rough”? My answer is I could surf her back on the waves and use the push from them as a boost. Took less time to get back and Rob was waiting at the dock.

After tying up, getting a warm shower, off we went to BACK DRAFT for their Friday night special of Steak & Lobster as a reward for making the right choice to return to a safe port.  

2 comments:

  1. you are having the time of your life. Just got on line and am looking at all you are doing. Have fun but stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last comment was from me......Betty

    ReplyDelete