Tuesday, April 18, 2017

SITTIN OUTSIDE of NORFOLK, waiting to take the City by Storm!f

I made it toViriginia! I'm within 30 miles of Norfolk today and we stopped for cheap fuel at Top Rack Marina. They have some good prices on diesel and you can stay overnight for $35 including power. That's a great price but there's absolutely nothing around except a barge loading dock! It was slow going for awhile today because of the bridges and one lock. We waited 20 minutes for one and almost an hour for another bridge. I made a reservation in Portsmouth to leave PHANTOM next week so I can attend the AGLCA Rendezvous in New Bern. I'll rent a car and drive there and maybe to JC for a few days after the meeting. I'm still looking for people to go with me and hoping someone will show up at the Rendezvous. If not, I'll just make shorter hops around the Cheaspeake until some of the other Loopers come from the Rendezvous and I'll ask if the mind if I tag along with some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment