Wednesday, March 29, 2017

I Can't Say I'm the Fastest Looper on the Circuit....

..... but I never said I was! The first 7 hours were great, then a "bar" captured us for the next 3 hours.... and not the drinking (durn it!) kind. Fact is, we'd been better in there and the money better spent, rather than using our chits for "relief". How do you spell relief…… Tow BoatUS!

If you're ever in the area of Sarasota, Do Not believe their charts! Don't think you're going to be in 14' of water just because the chart says.... so cause you ain't, at least I wasn't. Here are some lessons learned:

1. Don't believe anything that charts say, just say it ain't so!
2. If you find yourself buried in sand… turn up the radio, turn off the engines, get out your fishing poles AND smile/wave to everybody going by mak'em think you're fishing.
3. Don't call BoatUS, wait for the tide to come up.
4. If you do call, don't let them pull you over 15 degrees 'cause it might bend your rudder (it did mine).

After spending most of the day around Sarasota, I decided to continue South to Venice. That's where I started this narrative but fell asleep to awake 2 hours later. That means I'm writing next AM and now it's time to take off for Ft Myers, otherwise Bill is gonna catch up with me on Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Someone on AGLCA once said that they didn't believe the Gulf actually has any water in it - just migrating sand bars and shoaling that makes every chart wrong even as it is being updated. I chuckled, but living in Venice, I know that is an expensive chuckle.

    ReplyDelete